Track and Field Heads to ECAC/IC4A Championships
Holy Cross Athletics 03-01-2019
Members of the Holy Cross track and field teams will compete at the IC4A and ECAC Championships on Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3 at Boston University’s Track and Tennis Center.
ATHLETES TO WATCH:
- Sophomore Michael Pichay, fresh off of earning All-Patriot League second team honors after he was the runner-up in the triple jump at the Patriot League Championship on February 17, will compete in the same event Sunday at the IC4A Championships. He has broken his own school record in the event twice this season.
- Senior Alexandra Curtin and junior Allie Smiley will compete in the long jump at the ECAC Championships; the duo finished second and fifth in the event, respectively, at the Patriot League Championships on February 16.
- Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah is set to compete in the shot put; she owns a season-best of 13.82 meters in the event.
- Freshman Milly O’Brien, freshman Kelsey O’Hara, senior Lauren Rasmus and junior Caroline Frey will team up to compete in the 4x400 meter relay; the group qualified for ECACs with a fourth-place finish at the BU Last Chance Meet in a time of 3:51.43.
- Junior Allison McArdle, sophomore Marina MacKinnon, freshman Grace Hoelscher and freshman Sophia Maynard will compete in the 4x800 meter relay.
- Pichay placed 18th in the triple jump, posting a mark of 14.19 meters.
- Mokwuah was 13th in the shot put with a throw of 13.34 meters.
- Smiley placed sixth in the long jump, leaping 5.65 meters.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Athletics
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Spring Ball 2019: Practice One
Women's Basketball PL Quarterfinals Highlights (3/11/2019)
Women's Basketball 2019 Postseason Hype