Women's Basketball Hosts Lehigh for Regular Season Finale
The Holy Cross women’s basketball team will play its regular season finale at home against Lehigh on Wednesday, March 6. Tipoff at the Hart Center is set for 6:05 p.m.
Fan Appreciation Night:
- As part of its Fan Appreciation Night, Holy Cross is offering $2 tickets for Wednesday’s game.
- Tickets can be purchased online here.
Things to Know About the Crusaders (17-11, 9-8):
- Holy Cross comes off an 80-67 road victory over Colgate on Saturday, March 2.
- Four Crusaders reached double-figure points against the Raiders. Junior Lauren Manis had a double-double of 24 points and 13 rebounds, while freshman Avery LaBarbera had 22 points, eight assists and five rebounds. Junior Megan Swords posted a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds, and junior Madalyn Smith recorded 13 points, five rebounds and five assists.
- LaBarbera was named Patriot League Rookie of the Week for the fourth time this season on Monday, March 4. During the week, she averaged 13.5 points, 6.5 assists and 4.5 rebounds per game. She has earned more Rookie of the Week selections than any other Patriot League freshman this season.
- Manis now has 19 double-doubles on the year, which ranks third in single-season program history.
- Holy Cross has clinched a first-round bye and the fifth overall seed for the upcoming Patriot League Tournament.
Things to Know About the Mountain Hawks (19-9, 11-6):
- Lehigh downed Lafayette at home by a score of 67-50 on Saturday to win its fourth straight contest.
- In that game, Camryn Buhr and Gena Grundhoffer led the way with 11 points apiece.
- Buhr leads the Mountain Hawks in scoring this season with an average of 12.8 points per game, along with 6.8 rebounds per game.
- Lehigh has the best defense in the Patriot League, allowing opponents to score just 55 points per game – the 12th-best mark in Division I.
- The Mountain Hawks have clinched a first-round bye and a home quarterfinal game for the upcoming Patriot League Tournament. Lehigh can clinch the No. 3 seed in the league with a win over the Crusaders if Boston University falls to Loyola (Md.) on Wednesday.
Last Time They Met:
- The Crusaders played tight throughout a January 9 matchup in Bethlehem, Pa., but ultimately fell to Lehigh by a score of 64-55.
- Manis (15 points), Swords (11 points, 11 rebounds) and LaBarbera (10 points) all reached double figures for the Crusaders.
- Cameryn Benz had a double-double of 12 points and 12 rebounds, while Hailey Pascoe had 12 points and four steals.
Season and single-game tickets to see the Crusaders are on sale now. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to see the best collegiate basketball in Central Massachusetts! Tickets for Holy Cross basketball can be purchased online at GoHolyCross.com/tickets or over the phone by calling 1-844-GOCROSS.