Baseball Travels to Bucknell
The Holy Cross baseball team continues its eight-game road stretch with a trip to Lewisburg, Pennsylvania for a three-game Patriot League series against Bucknell on Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14. Saturday’s doubleheader will begin at 12 p.m., while a single game is slated for 1 p.m. on Sunday.
Things to Know About the Crusaders (10-24, 5-5):
- Holy Cross used a five-run seventh inning to pull away from the University of Rhode Island in a 7-3 final on Wednesday, April 10.
- Junior shortstop Chris Rinaldi had a career-high four RBI in the victory, hitting 3-for-3 with two doubles and two walks. Freshman Ben Malgeri went 2-for-4 with an RBI double, while sophomore second baseman Peter Dudunakis was 2-for-5 with an RBI double.
- Five Holy Cross pitchers combined to hold the Rams to just six hits. Sophomore right-hander Noah Luckenbaugh earned the victory to move to 2-1 on the year, pitching two innings with two hits, one run and two strikeouts. Junior righty Zane Hedaya pitched two hitless innings with a season-high three strikeouts.
- In conference play this season, Holy Cross owns the best team ERA in the Patriot League at 2.93. Sophomore right-handed pitcher Liam Dvorak anchors the Crusaders’ staff with a 3-0 record and a conference-leading 0.40 ERA in league play. Overall, Dvorak has a 2.76 ERA, which ranks third in the Patriot League, and 49 strikeouts, second-most in the league.
Things to Know About the Bison (10-24, 3-11):
- Bucknell bounced back from a weekend sweep at the hands of Lafayette to beat Towson, 9-8, on Tuesday, April 9.
- In the victory, outfielder JohnPaul Bell had a five-RBI showing and outfielder Tyler Wincig hit 2-for-4 with three runs scored.
- Infielder Caleb Broughton has hit .304 on the season, while infielder Dominic Toso is batting .276 with eight doubles and 16 RBI. In 24 games, Bell has hit .342 with a team-best 27 RBI.
- The Bison have hit just .236 as a team in league play this year, while batting .251 overall.
- In 11 relief appearances this year, right-hander Hunter Robichaux has an ERA of 3.20 in 25.1 innings pitched with 34 strikeouts. As a team, Bucknell has an ERA of 7.22 overall with a 7.16 ERA in conference play.
Last Time They Met:
- The Crusaders hosted Bucknell in a doubleheader on March 24 in Worcester, falling 8-4 in the opener before bouncing back for a 6-5 win in the second game.
- Senior righty Declan Cronin pitched the final seven innings of the victory, allowing just two runs and seven hits while recording five strikeouts.
- Junior catcher Riley Livingston drove in two runs while hitting 2-for-3 with two walks. Dudunakis hit 2-for-2 with an RBI.