Baseball Set for Matchup at Boston College
The Holy Cross baseball team will open New England play with a nonconference matchup against Boston College on Tuesday, March 12.
- The game, originally scheduled to be played at Holy Cross’ Fitton Field, will now be played on Boston College’s campus at the Harrington Athletics Village in Brighton, Mass.
- More information is available here.
Things to Know About the Crusaders (1-14):
- Holy Cross comes off a three-game sweep by Southern Miss in a trio of close losses: 4-1, 5-3 and 4-0 on Friday, March 8 and Saturday, March 9.
- Sophomore Peter Dudunakis, with a home run against Southern Miss on Friday, is just one of two players in the Patriot League with three home runs this year. He is tied with junior catcher Riley Livingston for the team lead in RBI, with five.
- Rookie Ben Malgeri continues to lead the Crusaders this season with a .288 average to go with two home runs and four RBI.
Things to Know About the Eagles (8-6):
- Boston College earned a 6-4 win over national No. 8 Louisville on Sunday, March 10.
- In that win, five different players each recorded an RBI; second baseman Cody Morrissette hit 3-for-4.
- The Eagles have been led this season by freshman outfielder Sal Frelick, who has an average of .400 to go with three homers and 17 RBI. His fellow rookie, Morrissette, is also batting well with a .333 average and five doubles through 14 games.
Last Time They Met:
- Holy Cross and Boston College have not met since the 2015; the Eagles took that matchup by a score of 4-2.
- The three previously scheduled matchups have all been canceled due to poor weather.
- The series between the Crusaders and Eagles is even at 34-34-1 all time.