Women's Track and Field Set for Ocean State Invitational
Holy Cross Athletics 04-11-2019
The Holy Cross women’s track and field team will compete at the Ocean State Invitational, cohosted by Providence and Brown, on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, April 13 in Providence, Rhode Island.
Last Time Out:
- The Crusaders competed at a pair of meets at Auburn and the University of New Hampshire on April 5 and 6.
- At Auburn, sophomore Abbie Mokwuah placed third in the shot put and ninth in the discus. Sophomore Christa Jay Moore had a season-best mark of 3.86 meters in the pole vault, good for a fifth-place finish. Sophomore Sydney McDonald placed fourth in the high jump with a mark of 1.61 meters.
- At UNH, freshman Emily Koufos won the 3,000 meters in a time of 10:34.13. Junior Mimi Liebers won the 400 meter hurdles at 1:05.67, while junior Jillian Purtell won the triple jump with a mark of 10.81 meters.
- At the 2018 Ocean State Invitational, Allie Smiley placed second and broke a school record in the long jump with an ECAC-qualifying leap of 5.80 meters. Alexandra Curtin had an ECAC-qualifying mark of 5.75 meters in the long jump, good for a fourth-place result.
- Moore won the pole vault with an ECAC-qualifying height of 3.70 meters.
- Moore was named the Patriot League Female Field Athlete of the Week on Tuesday, April 9 for her performance in the pole vault at Auburn.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype
Softball vs. Lafayette Highlights (5/4/2019)