Women's Track and Field Competes at Auburn, UNH
The Holy Cross women’s track and field team competed at a pair of weekend meets: the Tiger Classic, hosted by Auburn University, on Friday, April 6 and Saturday, April 7 and at the University of New Hampshire on Saturday.
TIGER CLASSIC HIGHLIGHTS:
- Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah was third in the shot put, posting a mark of 13.73 meters. She also earned a ninth-place finish in the discus at 35.29 meters.
- Sophomore Sydney McDonald had a jump of 1.61 meters to finish fourth in the high jump.
- Junior Allison McArdle placed fourth in the 3,000 meters in a time of 10:05.30.
- Sophomore Christa Jay Moore was fifth in the pole vault, clearing a height of 3.86 meters.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Graves came in seventh place in the 5,000 meters in 17:38.08.
- Seniors Lauren Rasmus (sixth, 1:03.40) and Isabella DiMare (seventh, 1:03.58) placed well in the 400 meter hurdles.
- Freshman Grace Hoelscher placed ninth in the 800 meters, clocking in at 2:15.10.
- Junior Taylor Gensler was ninth in the 100 meter hurdles in a time of 14.90 seconds.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Rasmus, freshman Kelsey O’Hara, junior Caroline Frey and Hoelscher placed fourth in a time of 3:57.18.
- Freshman Eva McCool-Guglielmo finished ninth in the triple jump with a leap of 11.30 meters.
- Freshman Emily Koufos won the 3,000 meter run in a time of 10:34.13. Junior Sophia Haywood placed third in the event in 10:55.21.
- Junior Mimi Liebers won the 400 meter hurdles in a time of 1:05.67, followed by junior Riemke Bouvier, who placed fourth in a time of 1:07.59. Liebers was also fourth in the 100 meter hurdles (15.47 seconds), while junior Jillian Purtell was sixth (15.96 seconds).
- Purtell won the triple jump with a mark of 10.81 meters.
- Sophomore Caitlin Tzimorotas won the steeplechase in a time of 11:47.13. Freshman Michaela Halloran was the runner-up in a time of 12:15.21.
- Freshman KC Grady was runner-up in the 100 meter dash, clocking in at 12.59 seconds. She also turned in a sixth-place finish in the 200 meters (26.60 seconds).
- Freshman Vanessa Attaya finished second in the shot put (12.02 meters), just ahead of fellow rookie Jordyn Shubrick (third, 11.67 meters). Attaya was fifth in the discus (34.30 meters), while Shubrick was fifth in the hammer.
- In the 800 meters, freshman Sophia Maynard turned in a time of 2:22.28 to place third; she was followed closely by sophomore Madalyne Buco, who placed fifth in a time of 2:23.86.
- Purtell posted a third-place finish in the long jump (5.19 meters).
- Freshman Milly O’Brien placed fifth in the 400 meters in a time of 1:00.62.
- Sophomore Claire Hanlon was fifth in the 1,500 meters with a time of 4:55.51.
- The Holy Cross track and field team will compete at the Ocean State Invitational on April 12 and 13 in Providence, Rhode Island.