Women's Track and Field Heads to Auburn, UNH
The Holy Cross women’s track and field team will compete at a pair of weekend meets on Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6. Select competitors will travel to Auburn, Alabama for the Auburn Tiger Track Classic on Friday and Saturday, while others will compete at the University of New Hampshire in a tri-meet with the University of Maine on Saturday.
UNH: Live Results
- The Crusaders opened their outdoor season at the Black and Gold Invite, hosted by Bryant University, on March 29 and 30. Holy Cross placed first out of 12 teams at the meet.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of senior Lauren Rasmus, freshman Kelsey O’Hara, junior Caroline Frey and freshman Grace Hoelscher broke a meet record, winning the event in a time of 3:54.92.
- Other first-place finishers include sophomore Christa Jay Moore in the pole vault (3.70 meters) and sophomore Elizabeth Graves in the 5,000 meters (17:59.54). Rasmus finished second in the 400 meter hurdles, clocking in at 1:03.75.
- Holy Cross previously competed this season at an indoor meet at the University of New Hampshire on January 19. The Crusaders took the team victory over the Wildcats with 222 total points.
- In their outdoor season debuts, Moore and sophomore Abbie Mokwuah (shot put, 13.60 meters) had ECAC-qualifying marks. Senior Victoria Attaya hit New England-qualifying status in the discus with a throw of 39.77 meters.