Women's Track and Field Opens Outdoor Season with Win at Bryant
Holy Cross Athletics 03-30-2019
SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Holy Cross women’s track and field placed first at the Black and Gold Invitational, hosted by Bryant University, to open the outdoor season on Friday, March 29 and Saturday, March 30.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of senior Lauren Rasmus, freshman Kelsey O’Hara, junior Caroline Frey and freshman Grace Hoelscher set a meet record in a winning time of 3:54.92.
- Sophomore Christa Jay Moore won the pole vault with an ECAC-qualifying mark of 3.70 meters.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Graves won the 5,000 meter run in a time of 17:59.54. Sophomore Caitlin Tzimorotas (fourth, 18:35.30), freshman Michaela Halloran (fifth, 19:03.76) and freshman Mackenzie Jordan (seventh, 19:34.18) also placed inside the top eight.
- Junior Allison McArdle placed third in the 1,500 meter run, posting a time of 4:41.93.
- Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah was third in the shot put with an ECAC mark of 13.60 meters.
- Three Crusaders placed in the top eight of the 100 meter dash: senior Alexandra Curtin (fourth, 12.50 seconds), senior Sarah Friess (sixth, 12.72) and senior Allison Smiley (seventh, 12.79). Curtin’s time was a New England-qualifying mark.
- Curtin also earned a fifth-place finish in the 200 meters with a time of 25.82 seconds.
- O’Hara was fourth in the 800 meters, clocking in at 2:21.31.
- The Crusaders had five of the top eight finishers in the 100 meter hurdles: junior Taylor Gensler (third, 15.50), junior Morgan Sanders (fourth, 15.63), junior Mimi Liebers (fifth, 16.18), freshman Eva McCool-Guglielmo (sixth, 16.27) and junior Jillian Purtell (eighth, 16.63 seconds).
- Holy Cross also had several top performances in the 400 meter hurdles: Rasmus (second, 1:03.75), senior Isabella DiMare (third, 1:05.71), Liebers (fifth, 1:06.33) and sophomore Riemke Bouvier (sixth, 1:06.75).
- Junior Sophia Haywood was third in the 3,000 meter steeplechase, clocking in at 11:47.40; she was followed by sophomore Cricket Richter, who came in fourth with a time of 12:33.44.
- Sanders placed fourth in the high jump with a leap of 1.50 meters.
- Smiley (5.44 meters) and Curtin (5.41 meters) placed third and fourth, respectively, in the long jump.
- McCool-Guglielmo (fifth, 11.05 meters), Gensler (sixth, 10.85 meters) and Purtell (eighth, 10.69 meters) had solid showings in the triple jump.
- Senior Victoria Attaya was fifth in the discus with a mark of 39.77 meters, a New England-qualifying mark.
- Holy Cross will send competitors to the Tiger Classic, hosted by Auburn University, on April 6 and 7.
- The University of New Hampshire will also welcome Holy Cross and the University of Maine on April 7.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
2019 Season Tickets on sale NOW
Men's Lacrosse vs. Colgate Highlights (4/13/2019)
Women's Lacrosse vs. Bucknell Highlights (4/6/2019)