Women's Track and Field Set for BU Valentine Invite, URI Invite
Holy Cross Athletics 02-07-2019
The Holy Cross women’s track and field team will compete at Boston University’s David Hemery Valentine Invitational on Friday, February 8 and at the URI Coaches' Tribute on Saturday, February 9.
LAST TIME OUT:
- Holy Cross competed at the New England Championships at the Reggie Lewis Center in Boston on February 1 and 2. The Crusaders finished in ninth place out of 27 teams. (Day One Recap | Day Two Recap)
- Sophomore Christa Jay Moore was a New England Champion, winning the pole vault while matching a season-best mark of 3.80 meters. (Article in Worcester Telegram & Gazette)
- The 4x800 team of junior Allison McArdle, freshman Grace Hoelscher, freshman Emily Koufos and freshman Sophia Maynard had an ECAC-qualifying mark of 9:19.45, good for sixth place.
- Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah had an ECAC mark of 13.81 meters in the shot put, placing fourth.
- At the 2018 BU Valentine Invite, now-graduated Stefanie McArdle broke a school record on the Terriers’ quick track, running a time of 56.98 seconds in the 400 meters.
- Now-senior Isabella DiMare ran her second-fastest time of the year in the 200 meters, placing 29th and clocking in at 25.14 seconds.
- Now-senior Alexandra Curtin placed 10th in the long jump with a mark of 5.51 meters.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
2019 Holy Cross Football Season Preview: Part I
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype