Women's soccer set to take on Rhode Island Thursday
Holy Cross (1-2-2)
vs. Rhode Island (3-1-1)
|Date||Sept. 12, 2019|
|URI Soccer Complex|
|Last Meeting||Sept. 4, 2012 | W, 1-0|
|Series History||Holy Cross trails, 6-11-0|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s soccer team will travel to the University of Rhode Island tomorrow, Sept. 12, for a 7:00 p.m. matchup.
Both teams have not lost in their last three games with the Crusaders going 1-0-2 over that time as the Rams have gone 2-0-1. Holy Cross tied Sacred Heart and Vermont, 0-0, and defeated Bryant, 1-0. URI took down Wagner and Sacred Heart, 1-0 and 2-0 respectively, and drew even with Pittsburgh, 1-1.
Things to know about Holy Cross (1-2-2):
- The Crusader defense and junior goalkeeper Sophia Lettieri have not allowed a goal in each of their last three contests. Lettieri has made 11 saves in that timeframe.
- Holy Cross has outshot those same three opponents by a combined 46-34. The advantage is 20-11 when just counting shots on goal.
Things to know about Rhode Island (3-1-1):
- Rhode Island already has more wins this season than they did in all of 2018 when it went winless in 18 games.
- Brooke Cavino leads the Rams with two goals on the year. Kelly Fitzgerald is the team’s assist leader with two.
- Teresa Morrissey has been strong in goal, playing all five games and allowing just .38 goals against per contest with a .905 save percentage.