Women's soccer ready for Vermont
Holy Cross (1-2-1)
vs. Vermont (2-2-0)
|Date||Sept. 8, 2019|
|Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Last Meeting||Sept. 23, 2011 | T, 1-1 (2OT)|
|Series History||Holy Cross trails, 1-5-2|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s soccer team will host Vermont this Sunday, Sept. 8 at 2:05 p.m. at Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium.
The Crusaders and Catamounts haven’t faced off since 2011 when the two sides played to a 1-1 draw.
Sunday’s game will also serve as Holy Cross’ Youth Soccer Day.
Things to know about Holy Cross (1-2-1):
- Last time out, the Crusaders earned their first win of the season, 1-0 over Bryant, and avenged their 2018 loss to the Bulldogs.
- Mariah Brown scored the game’s only goal in the 49th minute when she sent a shot in from 25 yards out that deflected off a defender’s foot to beat the goalkeeper.
- Sophia Lettieri earned her second straight shutout and the sixth of her career.
Things to know about Vermont (2-2-0):
- The Catamounts started their season with two straight wins, over Sacred Heart and Army, but have since lost two in a row, to North Dakota State and Merrimack.
- Frances O’Donnell leads the team with three points from a goal and an assist. All four of Vermont’s goals have been scored by a different player.
- Kacey Lambertson and Lydia Kessel have each started two games apiece in goal and combined have posted a .750 save percentage.