Women's soccer travels to Bryant Thursday
Holy Cross (0-2-1)
vs. Bryant (1-2-0)
|Date||Sept. 5, 2019|
|Last Meeting||Sept. 6, 2018 | L, 2-0|
|Series History||Holy Cross leads, 5-4-1|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s soccer team will hit the road Thursday, Sept. 5 to take on Bryant University.
Last time out, the Crusaders picked up their first tie of the season, a 0-0 double-overtime result against Sacred Heart. The Bulldogs on the other hand, after starting the season with a win, have dropped both of their past two games by scores of 1-0 in each.
Things to know about Holy Cross (0-2-1):
- In the draw against Sacred Heart, junior goalkeeper Sophia Lettieri made four saves and picked up her first shutout of the season and the fifth of her career.
- Senior Carly Flahive leads the team in both shots (7) and shots on goal (4) on the year. She had two looks on goal against the Pioneers.
Things to know about Bryant (1-2-0):
- Bryant’s two goals this year have come from senior Remi Manna and junior Kylie Ratelle. Manna had two goals on the year last season, while Ratelle picked up her first score since her freshman season.
- In goal, junior Meghan Dalton is allowing a goal per game with a .880 save percentage.
- Last season when the Bulldogs came to Worcester, they got the best of the Crusaders, 2-0, thanks to two first-half goals.