Men's Track and Field Set for Ocean State Invitational
Holy Cross Athletics 04-11-2019
The Holy Cross men’s track and field team will compete at the Ocean State Invitational, cohosted by Providence and Brown, on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, April 13 in Providence, Rhode Island.
Last Time Out:
- The Crusaders competed at a pair of meets at Auburn and the University of New Hampshire on April 5 and 6.
- At Auburn, sophomore Michael Pichay placed third in the triple jump with a mark of 14.73 meters. Sophomore Gabe Piepergerdes was fourth in the 400 meter hurdles, clocking in at an IC4A-qualifying 53.39 seconds.
- At UNH, senior Christopher Puntasecca led the way with a second-place finish in the pole vault (4.10 meters).
- At the 2018 Ocean State Invitational, Pichay won the long jump (6.81 meters) while also placing second and breaking a school record in the triple jump at 14.48 meters – at the time, a record that had stood since 1964.
- Brandon Thornhill placed second in the 110 meter hurdles in a time of 15.20 seconds.
- Pichay has broken his own school record in the triple jump in two consecutive weekends.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype
Softball vs. Lafayette Highlights (5/4/2019)