Men's Track and Field Heads to Auburn, UNH
The Holy Cross men’s track and field team will compete at a pair of weekend meets on Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6. Select competitors will travel to Auburn, Alabama for the Auburn Tiger Track Classic on Friday and Saturday, while others will compete at the University of New Hampshire in a tri-meet with the University of Maine on Saturday.
UNH: Live Results
- The Crusaders opened their outdoor season at the Black and Gold Invite hosted by Bryant University on March 29 and 30. Holy Cross finished in fifth place out of 13 teams.
- Sophomore Gabe Piepergerdes won the 400 meter hurdles in an IC4A-qualifying time of 53.80 seconds. Sophomore Michael Pichay also had an individual victory in the triple jump, posting an IC4A-qualifying mark of 14.61 meters.
- Freshman Joseph Leland was runner-up in the 5,000 meters, clocking in at 15:33.06, while senior Brandon Thornhill was second in the 110 meter hurdles in a time of 15.17 seconds.
- Holy Cross previously competed this season at an indoor meet at the University of New Hampshire on January 19. The Wildcats edged out the Crusaders in that meet by a score of 244-178.
- Pichay’s mark in the triple jump was an outdoor best for the senior and broke his own outdoor record in the event.