Pichay Leads Men's Track and Field at New England Championships
Holy Cross Athletics 05-11-2019
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- The Holy Cross men’s track and field team competed at the New England Championships on Friday, May 10 and Saturday, May 11.
- As a team, the Crusaders finished in 19th place out of 38 teams with 15 points on the weekend.
- For the second consecutive weekend, sophomore Michael Pichay broke his own school record in the triple jump, finishing as the runner-up in the event with a leap of 14.95 meters. Pichay was also ninth in the long jump with a mark of 6.86 meters.
- Senior Brandon Thornhill ran a time of 14.37 seconds in the finals of the 110 meter hurdles to place fourth.
- The 4x800 meter relay team of freshmen Will Hornyak, Corey Kumamoto and Joseph Leland and sophomore Peter Mitchell finished in seventh place in a time of 7:49.63.
- Junior Freddie Halloran was 11th in the prelims of the 400 meter hurdles, running a time of 54.89 seconds.
- Junior Garrett Fortin was 22nd overall in the prelims of the 200 meter dash in a time of 22.26 seconds.
- Holy Cross will conclude competition at the IC4A Championships in Princeton, New Jersey on Sunday, May 12.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Field Hockey vs. Lehigh Highlights (9/28/2019)
Field Hockey ALS Awareness 2019
Women's Soccer vs. Army/Senior Day Highlights (9/22/2019)