Men's cross country places 4th at Nassaney Invitational
SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Holy Cross men’s cross country team placed fourth out of 11 teams at the Nassaney Invitational, hosted by Bryant University, on Saturday, Sept. 7. The Crusaders finished with 93 points as a team, behind Northeastern (24 points), Boston College (80 points) and Quinnipiac (87 points).
- Sophomore Joseph Leland finished in ninth place to lead Holy Cross on the eight-kilometer course, running a time of 25:49.1.
- Sophomore Karter Seitz was the next to finish for the Crusaders, placing 14th in 25:59.3.
- Freshman Liam Christman ran a time of 26:03.9 to place 18th.
- Senior Bobby Tuzzio was 25th in a time of 26:11.3.
- In his first collegiate race, freshman Brendan Fay rounded out the Crusader scoring contingent with a 27th-place finish in 26:13.9.
- Sophomore Corey Kumamoto finished 28th in 26:14.2.
- Sophomore Andrew Corbett placed 33rd in a time of 26:23.8.
- Freshman Kyle VanDermark clocked in at 26:31 to place
- Senior Alex Campagna was 61st, running the course in 27:13.8.
- Sophomore Kane Breuer finished 66th in a time of 27:16.7.
- Senior Jackson Skelley placed 79th in a time of 27:44.2.
- Freshman Jack Welch was 94th in a time of 28:15.2, and was followed immediately by freshman Gray Nichols, who placed 95th in 28:19.2.
- Freshman Michael O’Brien was 109th in a time of 28:44.8.
- Senior Chris Shakespeare placed 117th, clocking in at 29:01.4.
- Holy Cross will compete at the National Catholic Invitational in Notre Dame, Ind., on Sept. 20.