WORCESTER, Mass. - Holy Cross will open its 2019 season on Feb. 9 at 12:00 p.m. against Fairfield at Kuzniewski Field.
Holy Cross in 2018
• The Crusaders finished the 2018 season with a 6-12 record and 4-5 mark in the Patriot League.
• The Crusaders made it to the Patriot League Tournament for the first time since 2015 and pushed 3-seed Lehigh to overtime, eventually falling 16-15.
• Holy Cross saw success with an exciting win over Army, when Maggie Moriarty posted a final second game-winning goal. The team boasted Patriot League victories over Lafayette, Army, Bucknell, and American.
• Holy Cross averaged 8.89 goals per game in the 2018 season.
• The team averaged 9.55 caused turnovers per game, led by Audrey Mandaro who led the Patriot League in caused turnovers per game (1.94).
• Keely Connors broke the single-season draw control record with 93. Connors also ranked second in the league in draw controls per game (5.44) and ranked 32nd nationally.
• After graduating just two seniors, Holy Cross returns 88% of its scoring.
• Keely Connors, who led the team in 2018 with 37 goals and was a 2018 All-Patriot League first team selection returns to the field for Holy Cross. Connors was also named to the 2019 Preseason All-Patriot League team.
• Each of the Crusaders 2018 top scorers return. Baker Earl recorded 27 goals and Bryn Carroll recorded 20 goals.
• Maggie Moriarty, who led the team in assists in 2018 with 16, also returns to the field.