Women's Lacrosse to host Central Connecticut
WORCESTER, Mass. - Holy Cross will play host to Central Connecticut State on Feb. 16 at 1:00 p.m in Worcester.
• The Crusaders opened the 2019 season at home, falling 13-9 to Fairfield.
• Keely Connors led the team with a four goal performance. The senior attacker added two draw controls and three caused turnovers in the game.
• Sophie Ochs played to a .519 save percentage in her first collegiate start. Ochs made 10 saves in the first half and finished the game with 14.
• Sydney Brant and Mandaro recorded two caused turnovers.
• The Crusaders finished the 2018 season with a 6-12 record and 4-5 mark in the Patriot League.
• The Crusaders made it to the Patriot League Tournament for the first time since 2015 and pushed 3-seed Lehigh to overtime, eventually falling 16-15.
• Holy Cross averaged 8.89 goals per game in the 2018 season.
• The team averaged 9.55 caused turnovers per game, led by Audrey Mandaro who led the Patriot League in caused turnovers per game (1.94).
• Keely Connors broke the single-season draw control record with 93. Connors also ranked second in the league in draw controls per game (5.44) and ranked 32nd nationally.
• After graduating just two seniors, Holy Cross returns 88% of its scoring.
Scouting Central Connecticut
• Central Connecticut will open their 2019 season at Holy Cross. The Blue Devils played to a 2-14 record last year and a 1-6 mark in the NEC.
• The Blue Devils return three of their top scorers from 2018. Morgan Sinton led the team in 2018 with 28 goals and 13 assists in 16 games played.
• Between the pipes, Jackie Branthover returns after starting 11 games in 2018. Branthover played to a 13.84 goals against average and .425 save percentage.
All-Time against Central Connecticut
• The Crusaders lead the Blue Devils, 3-0, in the all-time series.
• The teams have not met since the 2013 season, where Holy Cross came out on top, 11-6.
• In the teams’ first meeting, Holy Cross won, 16-2, in the 2001 season.
• Holy Cross will travel to their first road game of the 2019 season when they take on Monmouth at 12:00 p.m. on Feb. 23.