Men's soccer to take on Boston College
Holy Cross (0-2)
vs. Boston College (3-0_
|Date||Sept. 10, 2019|
|Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium|
|Last Meeting||Sept. 11, 2019 | T, 1-1 2OT|
|Series History||Holy Cross trails, 6-24-3|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s soccer team returns to action at Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium on Sept. 10 at 7:05 p.m. when they take on Boston College.
Scouting Holy Cross (0-2)
- The Crusaders turnaround after playing Friday nights (Sept. 6) when they were edged by UMass Lowell, 2-1.
- Emmanuel Petrov fired off his first collegiate goal against the River Hawks in an all-rookie effort as Bobby Manella and Jack Ostrosky picked up assists on the play.
- Bobby Hurstak has played every minute for the Crusaders and made five saves.
- In the teams’ last meeting, the Crusaders and Eagles tied 1-1 in double overtime.
- Holy Cross trails in the all-time series, 6-24-3.
Scouting Boston College (3-0)
- The Eagles travel to Worcester with a 3-0 mark after facing Quinnipiac (2-0), Boston University (1-0), and Rhode Island (2-1).
- Amos Shapiro-Thompson leads the team with two goals and three other Eagles have struck so far this season.
- In goal, Giacomo Piccardo has played all three games and has only let in one goal for an .889 save percentage and 0.33 goals against average.