Field hockey set to begin Patriot League play at Lafayette
Holy Cross (2-3)
vs. Lafayette (2-4)
|Date||Sept. 21, 2019|
|Last Meeting||Oct. 13, 2018 | L, 3-2|
|Series History||Holy Cross trails, 16-19|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross field hockey team will begin Patriot League play this Saturday, Sept. 21, when it takes on Lafayette.
Last season, the two teams matched up in Worcester, with the Leopards claiming the 3-2 victory. Olivia Venezia scored one of the Crusaders two goals and Marcia LaPlante made nine saves, but it wasn’t enough to grab the win.
Things to know about Holy Cross (2-3):
- Senior Madeline Alderfer leads the team with seven points from a goal and five assists. She has recorded at least a point in every game after the season opener.
- Eight different Crusaders have recorded a point so far on the season. Lexi Tilton leads the team with three goals.
- LaPlante has posted a 1.56 goals against average and a .840 save percentage. Her save percentage is fifth in the nation.
Things to know about Lafayette (2-4):
- The Leopards are led by Felicitas Hannes’ two goals and one assist. Sam Di Maio has also scored twice on the season.
- Sarah Park has posted a 1.98 goals against average and a .745 save percentage while making all six starts on the year.
- As a team, Lafayette is averaging 9.2 shots per game. For comparison, Holy Cross is averaging 20.2.