Men's soccer to host UMass Lowell in home opener
Holy Cross (0-1-0)
vs. UMass Lowell (0-1-1)
|Date||Sept. 6, 2019|
|Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Last Meeting||Sept. 25, 2018 | W, 2-1|
|Series History||Holy Cross leads, 6-3|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s soccer team is ready to open Linda Johnson Smith Stadium when they host UMass Lowell on Friday, Sept. 6 at 7:05 p.m.
Scouting Holy Cross
- The Crusaders return home after a training trip to California that concluded with a 3-0 loss at Santa Clara on Aug. 30.
- Bobby Hurstak made his first appearance in goal since he made the game-winning penalty kick save in the 2017 Patriot League semifinal. Hurstak made two saves in the match.
- Five freshmen found starting spots in the season opener.
- In the teams’ last meeting, Holy Cross came out on top, 2-1 after a comeback victory and two-goal performance from Max Krause. Lowell was ranked 16th at the time.
- Holy Cross leads the all-time series, 6-3.
Scouting Lowell (0-1-1)
- The River Hawks opened the season with games against Providence (L, 4-0) and Quinnipiac (T, 2-2).
- Chase Reichenberg and Stanley Alves have recorded goals for Lowell. Renato Kauzlaric has picked up a team-best two assists on the season.
- Patrik Gujic has played 188:52 minutes for the River Hawks, earning a 2.86 goals against average and 0.333 save percentage.