Records Fall For Women's Track and Field at Patriot League Championship
WORCESTER, Mass. -- The Holy Cross women’s track and field team placed sixth out of 10 teams, finishing with 76.5 points, as the Crusaders hosted the second day of the Patriot League Outdoor Championship on Saturday, May 4.
DAY 2 HIGHLIGHTS:
- After setting personal, school and meet records in the pole vault on Friday, May 3, sophomore Christa Jay Moore was named the Women’s Field Athlete of the Meet.
- The 4x100 meter relay team of seniors Isabella DiMare, Sarah Friess and Alexandra Curtin and junior Allie Smiley set a school record with a time of 46.43 seconds; the quartet finished in second place.
- Senior Lauren Rasmus broke her own school record in the 400 meter hurdles with her third-place finish in a time of 1:00.81. DiMare was eighth in the event at 1:02.87; both times were ECAC-qualifying marks.
- Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah placed third in the shot put with a mark of 13.94 meters, an ECAC-qualifying throw.
- Junior Jenna Gasparrini placed fourth in the 5,000 meter run in a time of 17:21.13. Sophomore Elizabeth Graves ran a time of 17:33.31 to finish eighth.
- Sophomore Sydney McDonald finished fifth in the high jump, clearing 1.60 meters.
- Curtin placed fifth in the finals of the 100 meter dash in a time of 12.06 seconds; she also turned in a fifth-place finish in 25.16 seconds in the 200 meter dash. Friess placed seventh in the finals of the 100 meters in 12.26 seconds.
- Junior Caroline Frey broke a school record in the 400 meter dash, placing sixth at 56.63 seconds.
- Frsehman Emily Koufos surged late to take sixth place in the 1,500 meter run in a time of 4:38.36. Junior Allison McArdle also scored in the event with an eighth-place finish at 4:38.90.
- Freshman Eva McCool-Guglielmo was seventh in the triple jump with a New England-qualifying mark of 11.48 meters.
- Sophomore Caitlin Tzimorotas set a school record in the 3,000 meter steeplechase, clocking in at 11:16.18 to place 10th.
- Rasmus, Frey and freshmen Kelsey O’Hara and Milly O’Brien ran an ECAC-qualifying time of 3:50.57 in the 4x400 meter relay, placing fifth.
- Holy Cross will head to the New England Championships on May 11 and 12 and the ECAC Championships on May 12 and 13.