Women's Track and Field Competes at Ocean State Invitational
Holy Cross Athletics 04-13-2019
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island -- The Holy Cross women’s track and field team competed at the Ocean State Invitational on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, March 13.
- Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah won the shot put with an ECAC-qualifying mark of 13.92 meters. Freshman Jordyn Shubrick placed seventh in the event with a personal best of 12.06 meters.
- Sophomore Christa Jay Moore won the pole vault with a New England-qualifying vault of 3.65 meters.
- The Crusaders had three finish in the top six of the 100 meter dash. Senior Alexandra Curtin placed third with a New England-qualifying time of 12.31 seconds in the finals, while senior Sarah Friess was fourth with a New England-qualifying time of 12.51 seconds. Junior Allie Smiley placed sixth in a time of 12.64 seconds.
- Senior Isabella DiMare placed second in the 400 meter hurdles, clocking in at a New England-qualifying pace of 1:03.64. Sophomore Riemke Bouvier was fourth in a personal-best time of 1:05.61, and junior Mimi Liebers was fifth in 1:05.72.
- Junior Taylor Gensler placed third in the 100 meter hurdles in a time of 14.95 seconds, which qualified her for New Englands. Junior Morgan Sanders placed fourth, finishing in 15.25 seconds.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Graves was third in the 3,000 meters with a personal-best time of 10:11.72.
- Gensler was fourth in the triple jump, leaping 11.16 meters. Junior Jillian Purtell was close behind in fifth, posting a mark of 10.47 meters.
- Senior Lauren Rasmus placed eighth in the 200 meters with a personal best of 25.50 seconds, a New England-qualifying time. Junior Caroline Frey also had a personal record of 25.75 seconds, good for 11th place.
- The 4x100 meter relay team of DiMare, Curtin, Smiley and Friess placed second with an ECAC-qualifying time of 47.06 seconds.
- Mokwuah had a third-place finish in the hammer at 41.12 meters, while Shubrick placed eighth at 36.06 meters.
- Junior Emily Grinnell was fifth in the javelin at 29.30 meters.
- Senior Victoria Attaya placed seventh in the discus with a mark of 35.75 meters, while Mokwuah was eighth at 33.56 meters.
- The Crusaders are set to host the Holy Cross Invitational on April 20.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
2019 Season Tickets on sale NOW
Men's Lacrosse vs. Colgate Highlights (4/13/2019)
Women's Lacrosse vs. Bucknell Highlights (4/6/2019)