Men's Track and Field Competes at Auburn, UNH
The Holy Cross men’s track and field team competed at a pair of weekend meets: the Tiger Classic, hosted by Auburn University, on Friday, April 6 and Saturday, April 7 and at the University of New Hampshire on Saturday.
TIGER CLASSIC HIGHLIGHTS:
- Sophomore Michael Pichay broke his own outdoor school record in the triple jump – for the second consecutive week – with a third-place finish at 14.73 meters.
- Sophomore Gabe Piepergerdes placed fourth in the 400 meter hurdles with an IC4A-qualifying time of 53.39 seconds.
- Senior Brandon Thornhill was 10th in the 110 meter hurdles in a New England-qualifying time of 14.95 seconds. He also had a New England-qualifying mark in the 400 hurdles at 55.28 seconds.
- Junior Bobby Tuzzio was fourth in the 5,000 meters in a time of 15:14.34.
- Freshman Corey Kumamoto placed ninth in the 1,500 meters, clocking in at 4:04.
- Senior Tom Chiappini was ninth in the discus with a mark of 40.30 meters.
- Senior Christopher Puntasecca was second in the pole vault, clearing 4.10 meters. Freshman TJ Duggan was fourth at 3.95 meters.
- Junior Jacob Newton placed fifth in the 100 meter dash in a time of 11.52 seconds. He also finished in fifth in the 200 meters, clocking in at 23.21 seconds.
- Freshman Joseph Leland was fourth in the 3,000 meters (8:57.43) and fifth in the 1,500 meters (4:04.50).
- Senior Sawyer Badey placed fifth in the triple jump at 12.43 meters.
- The Holy Cross track and field team will compete at the Ocean State Invitational on April 12 and 13 in Providence, Rhode Island.