Men's Hockey to Play Air Force in Regular Season Finale
Holy Cross will at The Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, for the first time since the 2015 season. Holy Cross and Air Force will face off on March 1 at 7:00 p.m. (MT) and on March 2 at 5:00 p.m (MT).
• Holy Cross took three points for a weekend series with Bentley on Feb. 22 and 23. The Crusaders defeated the Falcons, 5-3, in Waltham, Mass. and the teams skated to a 1-1 tied on Feb. 23 in Worcester.
• Vincent leads the team in helpers, with 16. The rookie hit the 20-point mark on Feb. 22. At 16 assists, Vincent ranks fifth all-time at Holy Cross in assists from a rookie.
• Johnny Coughlin also leads the team with 21 points from seven goals and 14 assists.
• Michael Laffin leads the team with nine goals on the season.
• Eleven Crusaders have hit double-digits for points on the 2018-19 season.
• At 22 points in the league, Holy Cross is currently in a tie for eighth place with Army West Point. Since Holy Cross played Army to a 1-0-1 series, they win the tie breaker. With two games remaining, Holy Cross can finish as high as seventh and as low as tenth.
• The Crusaders played to a 4-2-2 record in February, for their best month of the season.
• Holy Cross owned Atlantic Hockey series against Army and Bentley, playing each team to a 1-0-1 record.
• The Crusaders added wins against RIT and Robert Morris, including a 2-0 shutout against the Colonials for the second time this season.
Laffin Strikes to Win
• Laffin’s goal on Feb. 16 marked his fourth game-winning goal of the season and his eighth game-winning goal of his career.
• With four game-winning goals on the season, Laffin ranks fourth nationally. His eight career game-winners places him seventh on the all-time game-winning goal list at Holy Cross.
Defense to Offense
• The Crusaders’ defensive core has accounted for 68 of the team’s 223 points thus far.
• Coughlin and Trapp lead the defense in points. Coughlin has recorded 21 points and Trapp has posted 17.
• In Atlantic Hockey games, Anthony Vincent ranks third in freshmen scoring with 21 points. He also ranks 11th in assists in Atlantic Hockey games (16).
• Coughlin ranks seventh in defensmen scoring in league games (19 points).
• Trapp and Coughlin are climbing the all-time defensemen points lists at Holy Cross.
• Coughlin ranks second all-time in career goals for Holy Cross defensemen with 17 in his career. Coughlin ranks third on the all-time single-season goals list with seven.
• Trapp ranks fourth all-time among Holy Cross defensemen in career points with 66.
• The Crusaders have seen 19 different goal scorers on the season.
• Every player in the Crusaders’ lineup has tallied at least one point.
• No one player accounts for more than 10% of the team’s scoring.
Scouting Air Force
• The Falcons sit in third place in the league standings with a 15-12-5 overall record and 13-9-4 in Atlantic Hockey play.
• Air Force is led by senior defenseman, Matt Koch, who has posted 23 points on 20 assists and three goals.
• Kyle Haak leads the Falcons scoring, with 12 goals, six of which came on the power play.
• Billy Christopoulos has played 28 games for Air Force in between the pipes. Christopoulos holds a .920 save percentage and 2.15 goals against average.
• On the power play, Air Force has a 225 conversion rating. The Air Force penalty kill checks in at 78%.
Last Time Against the Falcons
• Holy Cross has not played Air Force since Nov. 10 and 11, 2017, in Worcester. The Crusaders took the series with a 3-0 win and a 3-3 tie.
• The Crusaders will play in the first round of the Atlantic Hockey playoffs. Currently in eighth place, the Crusaders would host the best-of-three series but could finish as low as tenth and be on the road. The games will be played on March 8,9, and 10 at 7:00 p.m.