Men's Hockey To Host Army for Two
WORCESTER, Mass. - Holy Cross will kick off its six-game home-stand with two games against Army West Point on Feb. 1 & 2 at 7:05 p.m. Admission for Saturday’s game for active and retired military members and first responders is free. Half priced tickets can also be purchased for family and friends by active and retired military and first responders.
• The Crusaders kick off a six-game home stand with a series with the Black Knights after splitting a weekend at Sacred Heart.
• Vincent and Trapp led the team over the weekend with two assists and one goal.
• Kevin Darrar scored a goal in each game against the Pioneers.
• Neil Robinson added two assists over the weekend.
• Erik Gordon earned his fourth win of the season with a 33-save performance on Jan. 26.
• In January, Vincent recorded nine points in nine games played (1-8-9).
• The Crusaders will play seven of their 10 final regular season games at home at the Hart Center.
• Tommy Nixon played on Jan. 22 and Jan. 25, starting in net for the first time since the season opener.
• Vincent ranks eighth among Atlantic Hockey rookies in scoring, with 15 points.
• Vincent and Coughlin both rank 18th in points in the league in Atlantic Hockey games.
• In league games, Coughlin ranks 10th in power play goals, with three.
• Since all 15 of Vincent’s points have come in league games, he ranks third in freshman scoring in league contests.
• Michael Laffin ranks third in the league with three game winning goals in Atlantic Hockey play. Laffin has posted six goals on the season.
• Johnny Coughlin leads the team in points, having scored six goals with 11 assists for 17 points.
• Coughlin’s 17 points is a season high for the senior.
• Coughlin ranks fifth in defensive scoring and 21st in assists in league action.
• Overall, in the league, Coughlin ranks eighth in defensive scoring.
• With 15 league points, Coughlin ranks fourth in defeseman scoring.
• The Crusaders have seen 19 different goal scorers on the season.
• No one player accounts for more than 10% of the team’s scoring.
Gordon in the Second Half
• Erik Gordon has played all but two games in 2019 for Holy Cross.
• In the seven 2019 games, Gordon holds a .917 save percentage.
Scouting Army West Point
• Army comes to Worcester with a 7-8-3 league record and 8-13-3 overall mark.
• The Black Knights are led by Dalton McAfee, who has posted four goals and 19 assists for 23 points.
• Dominic Franco leads the team in scoring with nine goals.
• Army has seen a strong power play, scoring of 28 of 98 chances (28.6%). The Black Knights have also seen success on the penalty kill with an 82.2% success rate.
• Jared Dempsey and Trevin Kozlowski have nearly split time in net. Dempsey holds an .895 save percentage and a 3.12 goals against average. Kozlowski has recorded a .915 save percentage and 2.24 goals against average.
Last Time Against the Black Knights
• The last time the two teams’ faced, Holy Cross downed Army, 4-0, on Nov. 18. The Crusaders also played the Black Knights to a 2-2 tie on Nov. 17.
• Holy Cross trails, 31-37-10, in the all-time series.
• The Crusaders will host RIT for two games on Feb. 8 and 9. Both games will be played at 7:00 p.m.