Gasparrini, McArdle lead women's cross country at New England Championship
BOSTON – Led by a pair of top-10 finishes, the Holy Cross women’s cross country team placed fifth out of 22 teams at the New England Championship on Saturday, Oct. 12.
The Crusaders finished with 143 points, behind first-place New Hampshire (63 points), Dartmouth (65 points), UMass (128 points) and Quinnipiac (143 points), which took fourth place off a tiebreaker.
- Senior Jenna Gasparrini took fourth place with a season-best five-kilometer time of 17:52.2.
- Senior Allison McArdle was 10th in a time of 18:09.2.
- Junior Elizabeth Graves placed 42nd, clocking in at 18:57.0.
- Freshman Eve Feuerbach ran the course in 19:02.0 to place 46th.
- Sophomore Michaela Halloran finished just behind Feuerbach in 47th, running a time of 19:02.1.
- Sophomore Emily Foley took 70th place in a time of 19:24.7.
- Junior Claire Hanlon was 88th in a time of 19:47.7.
- In the sub-varsity race, sophomore Emily Koufos led the way with a 14th-lace finish in 19:17.2.
- Sophomore Paige Davis came in 16th, running the course in 19:19.7.
- Junior Caitlin Tzimorotas was 19th in 19:21.9.
- Junior Sophia Haywood placed 22nd in a time of 19:28.3.
- Juniors Mackenzie Jordan (19:41.3) and Cricket Richter (19:42.6) placed 29th and 30th, respectively.
- Sophomore Katie Cass came in 32nd in 19:44.0.
- Junior Gabriella Gioia was 34th, running a time of 19:47.9.
- Junior Alyson Walsh placed 39th with a time of 19:59.4.
- Senior Allie Christian was 41st in 20:00.3.
- Sophomore Sophia Maynard took 44th place in 20:03.4.
- Senior Charlotte Kurzweil finished in 47th place, running a time of 20:07.4.
- Freshman Bella Corsini ran a time of 20:10.3 to place 51st, followed by sophomore Grace Hoelscher, who was 52nd in 20:11.9.
- Sophomore Jackie Harrington came in 57th in a time of 20:15.2.
- Senior Deana Pileika placed 75th in a time of 20:43.4.
- The Crusaders will next compete at the Patriot League Championship on Nov. 2 in Hamilton, New York.