Men's soccer to host American
Holy Cross (1-8, 1-2 PL)
vs. American (0-7-2, 0-2-1 PL)
|Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Last Meeting||Oct. 13, 2018 | L, 2-1|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s soccer team continues Patriot League action as they host American on Oct. 6 at 1:00 p.m.
Scouting Holy Cross (1-8, 1-2 PL)
- Holy Cross claimed its first victory in a battle at Boston University, 1-0, on Oct. 2. Max Krause tallied the game-winning goal.
- On Oct. 2, Bobby Hurstak had a career-first night. The senior keeper earned his first career win and shutout.
- Krause has picked up three points in his last two games, with one goal and one assist. The junior midfielder leads the team with three goals and one assist for seven points.
- In the teams’ last meeting, the Eagles claimed a 2-1 victory.
- Holy Cross trails the all-time series, 7-10-3.
Scouting American (0-7-2, 0-2-1 PL)
- The Eagles most recently dropped a 4-0 decision against Navy on Oct. 2. In the league, American tied Bucknell (1-1) and fell to Lehigh (2-1).
- Nick Dimitrijevic leads the team with two goals. Malachy McGovern has scored one goal on the season.
- Two keepers have seen action for American, with Jake Agnew leading the way (742:52 minutes) for a 1.96 goals against average and 0.686 save percentage.