Men's soccer to open Patriot League play at home
Holy Cross (0-7, 0-1 PL)
vs. Lafayette (5-2-1, 1-0 PL)
|Date||Sept. 28, 2019|
|Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium|
|Last Meeting||Sept. 29, 2018 | T, 1-1 2OT|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s soccer team host its first Patriot League game of the season as they take on Lafayette on Sept. 28 at 3:05 p.m.
Scouting Holy Cross (0-7, 0-1 PL)
- The Crusaders ready for Patriot League action after a hard-fought non-conference mid-week game with Rhode Island. Holy Cross fell 3-1.
- Emmanuel Petrov recorded his second of the season to tie for the team lead in scoring. Petrov and Max Krause each lead with two goals on the season.
- Bobby Hurstak has made three penalty kick saves on the season.
- In the teams’ last meeting, the teams played to a 1-1 double overtime tie in Easton.
- The Crusaders are 8-22-7 all-time against the Leopards.
Scouting Lafayette (5-2-1, 1-0 PL)
- The Leopards come to Worcester with a 1-0 record in the Patriot League, after taking down Boston University on Sept. 21, 2-1.
- Sebastian Varela leads with five goals and owns 10 points on the season.
- Alex Sutton has played all eight games for Lafayette and owns a .810 save percentage and a 0.97 goals against average.