Field hockey travels to New Hampshire
Holy Cross (1-1)
vs. New Hampshire (0-3)
|Date||Sept. 8, 2019|
|Watch||America East TV|
|Last Meeting||Sept. 9, 2012 | L, 8-3|
|Series History||Holy Cross trails, 1-14|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross field hockey team will play its first road game of the season this Sunday, Sept. 8 at the University of New Hampshire.
The Crusaders earned their first win of the season last time out, 4-1 over Merrimack. The Wildcats are yet to win a game this season, losing to American, No. 2 Maryland, and No. 23 Boston University.
Things to know about Holy Cross (1-1):
- Senior Lexi Tilton scored three of the Crusaders’ four goals against Merrimack and now leads the team with six points.
- Senior Madeline Alderfer picked up four points against the Warriors with a goal and two assists.
- Senior goalkeeper Marcia LaPlante only had to make five saves in the team’s first win, but her 9.5 saves per game and .826 save percentage still rank her in the top 15 across the nation in both categories.
Things to know about New Hampshire (0-3):
- Finn Caron leads the team with six points from three goals. She is the only Wildcat to score this season.
- Isabelle Danahy and Jaiden Wittel have two and one assist respectively.
- Jemma Woods and Rachel Simkevich have split time in goal for New Hampshire, posting a combined 3.67 goals against average and a .645 save percentage.