Men's Track and Field Heads to New Englands, IC4As
The Holy Cross men’s track and field team will send select competitors to the New England Championships on May 10 and 11 in New Haven, Connecticut and the ECAC Championships on May 11 and 12 in Princeton, New Jersey.
LAST TIME OUT:
- Holy Cross hosted the Patriot League Outdoor Championship on May 3 and 4, finishing in sixth place out of nine teams.
- Three school records were broken at the meet.
- Senior Brandon Thornhill broke his own school record in the 110 meter hurdles twice, finishing in third place in the finals with a time of 14.28.
- Sophomore Michael Pichay was the Crusaders’ highest finisher on the day, earning Second Team All-Patriot League honors with his runner-up finish in the triple jump. His best leap of the day was a school record-breaking 14.77 meters.
- Sophomore Gabe Piepergerdes broke a 54-year-old school record in the 400 meter hurdles to place fourth in a time of 52.61 seconds, just .01 seconds out of the top three.
- Pichay was the Crusaders’ top placer at the New England Indoor Championships, breaking the indoor school record in the triple jump at 14.98 meters with a third-place finish.