Women's Track and Field Heads to New Englands, ECACs
The Holy Cross women’s track and field team will send select competitors to the New England Championships on May 10 and 11 in New Haven, Connecticut and the ECAC Championships on May 11 and 12 in Princeton, New Jersey.
LAST TIME OUT:
- Holy Cross hosted the Patriot League Outdoor Championship on May 3 and 4, finishing in sixth place out of 10 teams.
- In total, five school records were broken: in the 4x100 meter relay (Alexandra Curtin, Allie Smiley, Isabella DiMare and Sarah Friess), pole vault (Christa Jay Moore), 400 meter dash (Caroline Frey), 400 meter hurdles (Lauren Rasmus) and Caitlin Tzimorotas (3,000 meter steeplechase).
- For her school and meet record-breaking performance and victory in the pole vault, Moore was named the Women’s Field Athlete of the Meet.
- Smiley also took home an individual win in the long jump. Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah was third in the shot put.
- During the indoor season, Moore won a New England Championship in the pole vault.