Moore, Smiley Lead Women's Track and Field at Patriot League Championship
Holy Cross Athletics 05-03-2019
The Holy Cross women’s track and field team hosted the first day of the Patriot League Outdoor Championship on Friday, May 3 at the Hart Center Track.
DAY ONE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Sophomore Christa Jay Moore broke both school and Patriot League meet records with her victory in the pole vault, clearing a height of 3.97 meters.
- Junior Allie Smiley won the long jump; her best mark of the day came at 5.99 meters, an ECAC-qualifying mark. Freshman Eva McCool-Guglielmo placed eighth at 5.54 meters.
- Seniors Alexandra Curtin and Sarah Friess advanced to the finals of the 100 meter dash. Curtin enters the final with the fourth-best time after finishing second in her heat at an ECAC-qualifying 12.05 seconds, while Friess made it through with the eighth-best time of the day at 12.14 seconds.
- Curtin also qualified for the finals of the 200 meter dash with the seventh-best time of the day at 24.96 seconds.
- The 4x800 meter relay team of freshman Grace Hoelscher, sophomore Marina MacKinnon, freshman Kelsey O’Hara and junior Allison McArdle finished in seventh place with an ECAC-qualifying time of 9:05.14.
- Junior Morgan Sanders finished 11th in the prelims of the 100 meter hurdles in a time of 14.82 seconds.
- The Crusaders will round out the final day of the Patriot League Outdoor Championship on Saturday, May 4.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype
Softball vs. Lafayette Highlights (5/4/2019)