Men's Track and Field Hosts Day 1 of Patriot League Outdoor Championship
Holy Cross Athletics 05-03-2019
The Holy Cross men’s track and field team hosted the first day of the Patriot League Outdoor Championship on Friday, May 3 at the Hart Center Track.
DAY ONE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Senior Brandon Thornhill advanced in the 110 meter hurdles and enters the finals with the third-best time of prelims at 14.40 seconds, which broke his own school record in the event.
- Sophomore Michael Pichay placed fifth in the long jump at 6.94 meters.
- The 4x800 meter relay team of freshman Corey Kumamoto, sophomore Peter Mitchell, freshman Will Hornyak and freshman Joseph Leland placed sixth in a time of
- Junior Garrett Fortin ran a personal-best time of 11.04 seconds in the 100 meter dash, placing 15th in the prelims; he later had an IC4A-qualifying time of 22.12 seconds in the 200 meters, also a personal best.
- Senior Alexander Escada sits in fifth place in the decathlon after one day of competition with 3,267 points; he finished fifth in the 400 meter dash in a time of 52.20 seconds
- The Crusaders will round out the final day of the Patriot League Outdoor Championship on Saturday, May 4.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype
Softball vs. Lafayette Highlights (5/4/2019)