Men's Track and Field to Host Patriot League Outdoor Championship
The Holy Cross men’s track and field team is set to host the Patriot League Outdoor Championship on Friday, May 3 and Saturday, May 4 at the Hart Center Track.
Who to Watch:
- Senior Brandon Thornhill broke his own school record in the 110 meter hurdles at a home meet on April 23.
- Sophomore Gabe Piepergerdes owns a season-best of 52.94 seconds, just .14 seconds short of breaking a 54-year-old school record.
- Sophomore Michael Pichay continues his dominance as one of the league’s top jumpers, ranking in the top four in the Patriot League in both the long and triple jump.
- The Crusaders placed sixth out of nine teams at the 2018 Patriot League Outdoor Championship.
- Thornhill was the third-place finisher in the 110 meter hurdles.
- Piepergerdes placed fifth as a freshman in the 400 meter hurdles.
- As a junior, Alexander Escada finished sixth in the decathalon.
Where They Rank:
Below is a list of Crusaders whose individual season-bests rank within the top 15 of the Patriot League this season.
- 200 meters: Garrett Fortin (14th, 22.16 seconds)
- 10,000 meters: Bobby Tuzzio (10th, 32:58.81)
- 110 meter hurdles: Brandon Thornhill (4th, 14.42 seconds)
- 400 meter hurdles: Gabe Piepergerdes (4th, 52.94 seconds), Brandon Thornhill (12th, 54.49 seconds), Freddie Halloran (15th, 55.18 seconds)
- High jump: Daniel Dempsey (8th, 1.96 meters), Myles Connor (13th, 1.86 meters)
- Long jump: Michael Pichay (3rd, 7.22 meters)
- Triple jump: Michael Pichay (4th, 14.73 meters), Sawyer Badey (15th, 12.63 meters)
- Javelin: Myles Connor (12th, 53.21 meters)