Men's Lacrosse Looks Towards Lafayette
WORCESTER, Mass. -
Holy Cross continues league play with a road match up at Lafayette on April 6 at 12:00 p.m.
• Holy Cross looks to claim its first three-game winning streak of the 2019 season after consecutive wins on March 19 and March 30.
• In the 12-9 victory over Navy on March 30, the Crusaders claimed their first win over Navy since 2017 and just the third win in the all-time series.
• Five different Crusaders have recorded at least 20 points at this point in the season: Sean Mullaney, Kevin Kodzis, Justin Lynskey, Connor Waldron, and Will Spangenberg. Holy Cross has not had five 20-point scorers since 2015.
• Connor Waldron has tallied at least one point in every game in the 2019 season. He has recorded more than one point in his last seven games, totaling 19 points.
• Holy Cross’ attack have each seen seven multi-point games through nine games.
• Lynskey posted a career-high five points from four goals and one assist against Navy, earning him a spot as a Patriot League Honorable Mention.
• For just the third time in program history, Matt Farrell earned the Patriot League’s Defensive Player of the Week with five ground balls and five caused turnovers in the Crusaders win.
• Jonathan Tesoro owns a .511 save percentage and 10.06 goals against average though nine games played.
• Tesoro earned his 13th career win on March 30, pushing him into third all-time at Holy Cross in career victories.
• Farrell has recorded 28 caused turnovers in the 2019 season, putting him two caused turnovers away from breaking the single-season record at Holy Cross (29).
• With 77 ground balls, Dan O’Connell ranks fourth all-time in single season ground balls at Holy Cross.
Crusaders Cause Turnovers
• As a team, Holy Cross ranks fifth nationally and second in the Patriot League in caused turnovers (11.44).
• Three Crusaders rank in the top-10 in the Patriot League. Farrell leads the league (3.11), followed by Chris Conlin, who ranks fourth (2.11) and Will Murphy ranks eighth (1.44).
• Conlin also ranks 14th nationally.
Against the Rest
• Dan O'Connell owns a .642 faceoff winning percentage, ranking him second in the Patriot League and eighth nationally.
• As a team, Holy Cross ranks second in the Patriot League with a 0.595 winning percentage at the faceoff, which is also good for 13th nationally.
• The Leopards opened the season with four-straight wins, but have dropped their last six games.
• Connor Walters leads Lafayette in points, with 27 in 11 games. Walters also leads in assists with 12.
• Andrew Robbins has scored a team-best 21 goals.
• Defensively, Pat Tully has recorded a team-high 37 ground balls and 13 caused turnovers.
• At the faceoff, four Leopards have seen action. Gabe Smithline has taken the most of any Leopard and holds a .416 winning percentage.
• Lafayette looks for their first Patriot League win in the match up.
Last Time against Lafayette
• Holy Cross trails in the all-time series, 12-18.
• In last season’s battle with the Leopards, Holy Cross won in overtime (10-9).
• The Crusaders came from behind to push the game to overtime and Kevin Kodzis scored to give Holy Cross its first Patriot League win at the time.
• The Crusaders will host No. 15/14 Colgate on April 13 at 12:05 p.m.