Men's Lacrosse to Host Navy
WORCESTER, Mass. - Holy Cross returns to action at home when they host Navy on Mach 30 at 12:00 p.m. The game will be streamed on NESNplus as well as the Patriot League Network.
• The Crusaders return to action after not playing since March 19, when they played Brown in a mid-week non conference match up. Holy Cross came out on top with a double overtime win, 11-10.
• Sean Mullaney leads the Crusaders in goals with 17 and points with 23.
• Rookie Will Spangenberg leads the team in assists, with 10.
• Dan O'Connell owns a .667 winning percentage at the faceoff. He has also picked up a team-best 68 ground balls.
• Jonathan Tesoro owns a .512 save percentage on the season. Tesoro has also picked up 12 wins in his career, which ties for fourth all-time at Holy Cross.
• Against Brown, Babiak posted a four-point game on three goals and one assist. Babiak completed his hat trick on the game-winning goal with 1.2 seconds remaining in double overtime. Babiak’s performance earned him Patriot League Honorable Mention accolades.
• Matt Farrell leads the Crusaders’ defense with 23 caused turnovers and 29 ground balls.
Crusaders Cause Turnovers
• As a team, Holy Cross ranks sixth nationally and second in the Patriot League in caused turnovers (11.25).
• Farrell leads the Patriot League with 2.88 caused turnovers per game and ranks second in the nation.
• Freshman Chris Conlin averages 2.13 caused turnovers per game, checking in at third in the league and 16th nationally.
Against the Rest
• As a team, Holy Cross owns a .611 faceoff win percentage, which is good for second in the conference and 10th in the nation.
• O’Connell owns the seventh-best win percentage nationally and second-best in the Patriot League.
• Averaging 34.75 ground balls per game, Holy Cross ranks 16th nationally and third in the league.
• O’Connell leads the league in ground balls per game (9.71), which is also good for fifth-best in the nation.
• The Midshipmen travel to Worcester with a 4-4 overall record and 2-2 mark in league play.
• Three of Navy’s four losses have come against ranked opponents: No. 3 Maryland, No. 9 Loyola (Md.) and No. 17 Lehigh.
• Navy is led by Christian Daniel, who has tallied 28 points from 20 goals and eight assists. Ryan Wade also has 28 points, from 11 goals and 17 assists.
• Four Midshipmen lead the team in caused turnovers at five.
• Navy has also seen four Midshipmen at the faceoff. Nick Barry leads with 66 wins on 145 faceoffs (.455) and has picked up 27 ground balls.
• Ryan Kern owns an 11.76 goals against average and a .514 save percentage through eight games and 438:39 minutes of action.
Last Time against Navy
• Holy Cross trails in the all-time series, 2-12.
• The Crusaders will play at Lafayette on April 6 at 12:00 p.m.