Women's Lacrosse to Face Army on the Road
WORCESTER, Mass. - Holy Cross will travel to Army West Point for a mid-week conference game. The Crusaders will face the Black Knights at 3:00 p.m. on March 27.
• The Crusaders travel to West Point with a 3-6 overall record and 1-1 mark in league play. Most recently, Holy Cross was edged by Colgate, 13-10.
• Juliana Kubler has marked back-to-back career highs in saves in her last two outings. At Lafayette, Kubler made 10 saves in 30 minutes of action on March 16. Against Colgate, Kubler recorded 11 saves in 53:29 of play on March 23.
• On the season, Kubler holds a 11.93 goals against average and a .475 save percentage in 261:32 minutes of play.
• Eleven of Moriarty’s points have come in the Crusaders’ last four games. Since March 6, the junior attacker has put up four goals and seven assists.
• Connors leads the team in scoring, with 20 points from 19 goals and one assist.
• Defensively, Haley Walker and Audrey Mandaro lead Holy Cross. Walker averages 1.44 caused turnovers per game and has picked up a team-best 22 ground balls. Mandaro follows closely at 1.33 caused turnovers per game and 15 ground balls. Mandaro has also recorded 11 draw controls.
Crusaders at the Draw
• Averaging 4.89 draw controls per game, Connors ranks second in the Patriot League and 41st nationally.
• As a team, the Crusaders rank third in the Patriot League and 25th nationally in draw control percentage at .550.
Holy Cross against the Rest
• Holy Cross leads the Patriot League in ground balls per game (21.67) and checks in at 15th in the nation.
• The Crusaders cause 11.11 caused turnovers per game, ranking second in the league and 22nd nationally.
Scouting Army West Point
• The Black Knights host the Crusaders with a 7-3 overall record and 1-1 mark in Patriot League play. Most recently, Army fell at American, 12-10 on March 23.
• Jackie Brattan leads the team with 28 goals and 54 draw controls.
• After going 7-0 to start the season, Army has dropped its last three games.
• Samantha Stewart ranks in the top-three amongst her teammates in multiple categories. She holds 26 points on 21 goals and five assists, along with 45 draw controls, 20 ground balls, and 11 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Army has had three goalkeepers see time. Maddie Burns has played nine games and 402:03 minutes for a 10.00 goals against average and .422 save percentage.
All-Time against Army
• The Crusaders own the all-time series, 3-0.
• In last season’s battle, Holy Cross came out on top (11-10) with a final second goal from Maggie Moriarty.
• Holy Cross travels to Annapolis, Md. to play #12 Navy at 12:00 p.m.