Women's Tennis Ends Weekend with Losses to Loyola, Lafayette
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s tennis team wrapped up its weekend with matches against Loyola and Lafayette. The Crusaders fell in both, losing 4-0 and 5-0 respectively.
- The Greyhounds swept the doubles competition and won No. 1, 3, and 4 singles to take the victory.
- At No. 2 singles, Maddie DeNucci was winning the second set, 4-2, after dropping the first, 1-6, but the match was not finished with the team result already decided.
- Jennifer Kary was battling in her No. 5 singles match, trailing 6-4, 2-1, when the match was called.
- The Leopards swept the doubles competition and claimed four victories in singles to take the team win.
- Kary and Kam both won the first sets of their matches, but neither finished as the results were already final.
- Allison Reiling and Morgan McGuire each won at least three games in both of their sets, but ultimately fell.
The Crusaders continue Patriot League action Sunday at 3 p.m. when they host Boston University.