Women's Lacrosse Ready To Open Patriot League Play at Home
WORCESTER, Mass. - Holy Cross will face Colgate on March 23 at 2:00 p.m. at Kuzniewski Field after a three-game road trip. The game will be available on NESNplus on television, NESNgo online, and the Patriot League Network.
• Holy Cross returns home after three-consecutive road games with a 3-5 record. The Crusaders return home after capturing a win in their Patriot League opener at Lafayette, 11-10, on March 16.
• Holy Cross is led by Keely Connors, who has posted 17 goals and one assist for 18 points on the season.
• As a team, Holy Cross leads the Patriot League in ground balls per game, averaging 22.38, which is also good for 13th best nationally.
• With 11.28 caused turnovers per game, the Crusaders rank second in the Patriot League and 21st nationally.
• Defensively, Haley Walker paces the Crusaders with 22 ground balls and 13 caused turnovers. Audrey Mandaro follows closely, with 11 caused turnovers and 14 ground balls.
• Izzy Grant and Bryn Carroll rank second among their teammates, each with 11 goals.
• Juliana Kubler marked a career-high in saves on March 16 with 12 against Lafayette in 46:44 minutes of action. Ten of Kubler’s saves came in the first half.
• Kubler and Sophie Ochs have split time in goal. Kubler owns a .463 save percentage and 11.74 goals against average while Ochs holds a .443 save percentage and 10.34 goals against average.
• The Raiders travel to Worcester with a 2-6 overall record and 0-1 mark in league play.
• Colgate’s leading scorer is Noelle Patterson, who has recorded 15 goals and four assists for 19 points. She has also posted a team-high 21 draw controls.
• Samantha Croston has played all eight games in goal for the Raiders, with a 12.24 goals against average and .456 save percentage.
• Ingrid Backe has recorded a team-high 10 caused turnovers. She has also picked up 13 ground balls.
All-Time against Colgate
• The Crusaders trail the all-time series, 12-23.
• In last season’s game between the Riaders and the Crusaders, Holy Cross narrowly fell, 9-8.
• Keely Connors led with two goals and five returning Crusaders posted one goal in the game: Bryn Carroll, Catherine Guanci, Riley Bergholtz and Baker Earl.
• Holy Cross travels to Annapolis, Md. to play #14 Navy at 12:00 p.m.