Men's Lacrosse Heads to Brown
WORCESTER, Mass. -
The Crusaders play a mid-week non-conference game at Brown on March 19 at 7:00 p.m. The game will be streamed on ESPN+.
• Holy Cross was narrowly defeated on March 16 when they took on #18 Army West Point, 7-6.
• In the opening half of the game, Holy Cross went down 4-1, but scored four goals and held the Black Knights off the board in the third quarter to go up, 5-4.
• Dan O'Connell played a perfect third quarter, winning all five faceoffs. He won 14-of-17 faceoffs in the game.
• Kevin Kodzis continues to lead the Crusaders’ offense with 15 goals and five assists for 20 points.
• Rookie Will Spangenberg leads the team in helpers, with nine. Spangenberg also has the second most points on the team with 18.
• In between the pipes for Holy Cross is Jonathan Tesoro, who has posted 83 saves on the season and his second 14-save performance on March 16. Tesoro holds a .529 save percentage and 10.46 goals against average.
• Holy Cross’ defense leads the Patriot League in caused turnovers per game at 11.57. The Crusaders check in at fourth nationally in that same category.
Against the Rest
• Farrell ranks second nationally and first in the Patriot League in caused turnovers per game (3.14).
• O’Connell holds a .712 winning percentage at the faceoff, which is good for fifth-best in the nation.
• The junior faceoff specialist also ranks first in the Patriot League and sixth nationally in ground balls per game, picking up 10.00 per game and 60 on the season.
• The Bears host the Crusaders with a 3-2 record and 1-0 mark in Ivy League action.
• Luke McCaleb leads Brown with 21 points form 15 goals and six assists.
• Defensively, Michael Brown paces the Bears with a team-best seven caused turnovers and 17 ground balls.
• Phil Goss has played nearly every minute in net for Brown. He holds a .465 save percentage and 12.20 goals against average through five games.
Last Time against Brown
• Holy Cross trails in the all-time series, 4-17.
• In last season’s match-up, Brown walked away with a 19-8 victory.
• The Crusaders will resume league play on March 30 at Kuzniewski Field at 12:05 p.m. when they take on Navy.