Baseball Falls Short Against Southern Miss
|Left On Base||7||11|
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi – The Holy Cross baseball team couldn’t overcome a strong pitching performance from Southern Miss, falling 4-0 in the series finale on Saturday, March 9.
- Jared Enders (1-for-3, walk, stolen base)
- Garret Keough (4.2 IP, one earned run, three strikeouts)
- Chris Rinaldi (1-for-3, stolen base)
W: Cody Carroll (1-0)
L: Garret Keough (0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Gabe Montenegro led off the bottom of the first with a solo home run to give Southern Miss an early 1-0 lead.
- With one out in the third inning, junior right fielder Jared Enders reached third base after a walk and an error by the pitcher. However, the next two batters could not bring Enders across home plate.
- Southern Miss added another run in the sixth before a two-run seventh to take a 4-0 lead.
- Holy Cross also had runners on third in the fourth, fifth and eighth innings, but the Crusaders could not send anyone home.
- The Crusaders return to New England for a contest against Boston College on Tuesday, March 12.
- First pitch is scheduled for 5 p.m.