Men's Lacrosse Travels to Bucknell
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Crusaders will continue Patriot League road play at Bucknell on March 9 at 11:00 a.m.
• Holy Cross most recently played then-No. 1 Loyola and fell, 19-15. The Crusaders held a tight game, going into the final 15 minutes trailing 11-10.
• Dan O’Connell and Will Spangenberg both earned a spot on the Patriot League Honorable Mentions for the week.
• Rookie Will Spangenberg leads the team in points at 16. He owns nine goals and seven assists. The freshman marked a career-high six points at Loyola, with three goals and three assists. Spangenberg also recorded the game-winning goal in the double overtime win at Harvard (Feb. 26).
• Five Crusaders have hit the double-digit point mark. Mullaney and Kodzis have recored double-digit goals, Mullaney with 10 and Kodzis with 12.
Against the Rest
• The Crusader defense is led by freshman Chris Conlin and senior Matt Farrell. Conlin ranks ninth nationally in caused turnovers per game and second in the Patriot League, with 2.40 per game. Farrell ranks 24th in the nation and third in the league (2.00).
• Dan O'Connell has posted 69 faceoff wins for a season winning percentage of 0.673. He ranks sixth in the nation and second in the Patriot League. O'Connell also leads the league in ground balls per game and checks in at fifth in the nations (10.50).
• Between the pipes for the Crusaders is Jonathan Tesoro. The junior owns a .496 save percentage and 11.23 goals against average.
• As a team, Holy Cross ranks fifth nationally in caused turnovers per game (11.00).
• The Bison have played to a 1-4 record, having face two ranked opponents (#3 Maryland and #11/10 Ohio State). Bucknell’s win came on Feb. 10 over Bryant, 9-6.
• Will Yorke leads the team in points and goals, having scored 12. He has added two assists for 14 points.
• Christian Klipstein paces the Bison defense with six caused tunrovers and 15 ground balls.
• At the faceoff, Jarett Witzal has taken all but three faceoffs for Bucknell. He owns a .496 winning percentage.
Last Time against Bucknell
• Holy Cross trails in the all-time series, 1-28.
• The last time the Crusaders and Bison met, Holy Cross fell, 12-4.
• The Crusaders will play Army West Point on March 16 at Kuzniewski Field at 12:05 p.m.