Men's Lacrosse Travels to No. 1 Loyola (Md.)
WORCESTER, Mass. -
The Crusaders will open Patriot League action at No. 1 Loyola (Md.) on March 2 at 3:30 p.m. The Crusaders head to Baltimore having won their last two games.
• Holy Cross heads to No. 1 Loyola with a 2-2 record, having claimed their two wins in their last two games. The Crusaders took down UMass Lowell, 12-7, on Feb. 19.
• On Feb. 26, Holy Cross erased a seven goal deficit to comeback and defeat Harvard, 11-10, in double overtime. Holy Cross trailed, 10-3, with 30 seconds remaining in the third quarter and scored eight unanswered goals to win.
• At Harvard, Holy Cross stopped the Crimson from scoring from the 9:10 mark of the third quarter on. The Crusaders did not allow a Harvard shot on goal in the fourth quarter.
• With 11 points, Kevin Kodzis leads the team. The junior attack has scored a team-best eight goals.
• Connor Waldron leads the team in helpers, with five.
• In the Patriot League, Holy Cross ranks first in caused turnovers per game (12.00), which is also good for fifth-best in the nation.
‘OC’ at the X
• Dan O'Connell ranks first in the nation in faceoff winning percentage at 0.769.
• O’Connell has won 50 of the 65 faceoffs he has taken through the three games he has played.
• The junior also ranks fourth in the nation in ground balls per game (10.67).
• Against Harvard, O’Connell won 22-of-26 faceoffs for a .846 winning percentage. From the third quarter on, O’Connell won 11-of-13 faceoffs.
• As a team, the Crusaders rank second in faceoff percentage (0.629) and eighth nationally.
Scouting Loyola (Md.)
• The Greyhounds host the Crusaders with a 3-1 overall record and ranked first in the nation.
• Most recently, Loyola fell to No. 7 Towson, 12-10, on Feb. 27.
• Pat Spencer leads the Greyhounds, with 26 points from 14 goals and 12 assists.
• Kevin Lindley leads the team with 19 goals in four games.
• Defensively, Ryan McNukty leads with eight caused turnovers and 20 ground balls.
• Bailey Savio has taken every faceoff for the Greyhounds with a .473 winning percentage.
• Between the pipes for Loyola is Jacob Stover. In four games played, Stover holds a 10.00 goals against average and .604 save percentage.
Last Time against Loyola
• Holy Cross trails in the all-time series, 1-4.
• The last time the Crusaders and Greyhounds met was March 4, 2018 in Worcester. Loyola took the game, 13-5.
• The Crusaders will play at Bucknell on March 9 at 11:00 a.m.