Women's Lacrosse Heads to UMass Lowell
WORCESTER, Mass. - Holy Cross will travel to UMass Lowell for a 3:00 p.m. game on Feb. 27. The game was previously scheduled for 6:00 p.m., but was moved up due to low temperatures.
• Holy Cross heads to Lowell after a road loss at Monmouth on Feb. 23, falling 10-8.
• The Crusaders outscored the Hawks in the second half, 5-4, but it was not enough to erase the first half deficit.
• Keely Connors led Holy Cross with two goals in the game and owns a team best 11 goals and 12 points.
• Rookies Jolie Creo and Jordyn Arakelian have tallied goals in each of the Crusaders’ games so far in the 2019 season. Creo currently ranks third on the team in points with four goals and two assists for six points.
• Creo also leads the team in ground balls with 11. Haley Walker checks in with 10 ground balls on the season.
• Audrey Mandaro leads the team in caused turnovers, totaling seven through four games.
• With 11 goals, Connors ranks second in the Patriot League in goals per game (3.67). The senior attacker ranks fifth in the league in points per game (4.00).
• Creo and Walker check in at fifth in the league for ground balls per game.
• Averaging 26.00 ground balls per game, Holy Cross leads the Patriot League. The Crusaders have picked up 78 ground balls and the next most in the league is Navy at 63.
• Holy Cross ranks second in the league in caused turnovers per game (13.67) and have recorded the most in the league with 41.
• As a team, the Crusaders’ goals against average is 8.67 and third best in the Patriot League.
Scouting UMass Lowell
• The River Hawks host the Crusaders with an 0-4 record and are averaging 10.75 goals per game.
• The River Hawks are led by Paige MacEachern, who has tallied 17 points on 12 goals and five assists. Cameron McKelvin ranks second among the team with 10 goals and four assists.
• Defensively, Gabby Torain leads with seven caused turnovers and eight ground balls through four games.
• At the draw, Kelly Moran leads with 25. Hana Caster ranks second with 13.
• Renee Gonzalez has played every minute for Lowell and owns a 14.50 goals against average and a .318 save percentage.
All-Time against UMass Lowell
• This is the first meeting between the Crusaders and the River Hawks.
• Holy Cross will return to Kuzniewski Field for a 3:00 p.m. game against Siena on March 2.