Women's Lacrosse Readies for Monmouth
WORCESTER, Mass. -
Holy Cross will play its first road game of the 2019 season at Monmouth on Feb. 23 at 12:00 p.m.
• The Crusaders travel to Monmouth with a 1-1 record after a commanding, 20-3, win over Central Connecticut.
• Keely Connors posted a six-point game with five goals and one assist. Connors also went 2-for-3 on her free-position shots.
• In the Crusaders’ win over the Blue Devils, multiple Crusaders earned career-highs. Izzy Grant posted her first career hat-trick. Defenders Haley Walker and Sydney Brant both scored their first career goals.
• As a team, Holy Cross has caused 33 turnovers. Four players are tied with four on the season to lead the team: Connors, Mandaro, Walker, and Catherine Guanci.
• In two games, 10 Crusaders have recorded at least one goal.
• Guanci and rookie Jolie Creo lead the team in ground balls, each with seven.
• Rookies Jolie Creo and Jordyn Arakelian have recorded strong opening games. Creo owns four points on three goals and one assist, while Arakelian has recorded two goals and one assist.
• Connors leads the team with nine goals and one assist for 10 points. The senior attacker also holds a .600 shot percentage.
• After a career-high game against Central Connecticut on Feb. 16, Connors was named the Patriot League’s Attacker of the Week (Feb. 19).
• The Attacker of the Week nod is the program’s first weekly honor since 2017 and first attacker honor since 2015.
• On the season, Connors leads the team with eight draw controls.
• The Hawks host the Crusaders in their first home game of the 2019 season.
• Monmouth has played just one game, defeating Stetson, 16-11, on Feb. 16.
• In the 2018 season, the Hawks played to an 8-10 record.
• Nicole Ceraso leads the team with eight points from four goals and four assists. Ceraso also led the team in 2018 with 60 points from 23 goals and 37 assists.
• Defensively, Mackenzie Rendich returns. In 2018, Rendich led with 25 ground balls, 25 draw controls, and 23 caused turnovers.
• Riley Brager returns in goal for the Hawks. After one game, Brager holds a .353 save percentage. In 2018, the netminder held a 13.24 goals against average and .415 save percentage.
All-Time against Monmouth
• The Crusaders trail, 2-1, in the all-time series with the Hawks.
• Holy Cross and Monmouth have not faced since 2001.
• Holy Cross will play at UMass Lowell on Feb. 27 at 6:00 p.m.