Swimming and Diving at Patriot League Championship: Day One
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross swimming and diving teams competed in the first day of the Patriot League Championship on Wednesday. The women are tied for fifth place out of 10 teams through five events, while the mean are in 10th out of 10. Navy currently leads both the men’s and women’s competition.
- The women came in seventh and set a program record in the 200 medley relay with a time of 1:45.04. Katy Saladin, Caroline Body, Brianna Larnard, and Kayleigh Hoagland broke the previously held record that three of them, Body, Larnard, and Hoagland, had a hand in setting at the 2018 Patriot League Championship.
- Kaikea Wilinski, David Dillard, Steve Tierney, and Christian Realbuto came in 10th in the 200 medley relay with a time of 1:35.73.
- Sam Devine dove in the 3 meter preliminaries and scored a 116.30.
- Hoagland, Larnard, Emily Sullivan, and Isabella Miko-Rydzaj set another program record in the 800 free relay and came in sixth with a time of 7:35.97.
- Tierney, Nathan Kramer, Ben Vesey, and Wilinski came in 10th in the 800 free relay with a time of 6:59.66.
The Crusaders resume action today with free and IM preliminaries.