Women's Track and Field Competes at BU, URI
Holy Cross Athletics 02-09-2019
The Holy Cross women’s track and field team competed at Boston University’s David Hemery Valentine Invitational on Friday, February 8 and at the URI Coaches’ Tribute on Saturday, February 9.
- Junior Allison McArdle ran a personal best of 5:01.37 in the mile, finishing 60th overall.
- Freshmen Emily Koufos (52nd, 3:01.98) and Sophia Maynard (56th, 3:02.53) each had career-bests in the 1,000 meters.
- Sophomore Marina MacKinnon (70th, 2:17.01) and freshman Grace Hoelscher (80th, 2:18.85) each posted season bests in the 800 meter run.
- Sophomore Christa Jay Moore won the pole vault with a mark of 3.65 meters.
- Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah was second in the shot put, recording a mark of 13.61 meters. She was also third in the weight throw with a toss of 16.03 meters.
- Freshman Gabby Harmon placed third in the 400 meter dash, clocking in at 1:03.02.
- Sophomore Caitlin Tzimorotas had a personal record in the 3,000 meters, placing third and clocking in at 10:35.53.
- Freshman Paige Davis (third, 3:06.65) and sophomore Madalyne Buco (fifth, 3:07.86) each ran PRs in the 1,000 meters.
- Davis, Buco, freshman Emily Foley and senior Katherine Guilbo teamed up to win the 4x800 meter relay in a time of 10:11.86.
- The Crusaders are next in action on February 16 and 17 at the Patriot League Indoor Championships, to be hosted by Navy in Annapolis, Maryland.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype
Softball vs. Lafayette Highlights (5/4/2019)