Men's Hockey To Host RIT for a Pair
WORCESTER, Mass. - Holy Cross will take on RIT for the first time this season on Feb. 8 and 9 at 7:05 p.m. at the Hart Center. The game on Feb. 9 will be streamed on NESNplus and will be available on NESNgo.com as well as TSN on TSN.ca or the TSN app.
• The Crusaders took three-of-four points from Army West Point last weekend, with a 2-2 tie on Feb. 1 and a 5-4 win on Feb. 2.
• On Feb. 2, Holy Cross scored three power play goals to help secure the 5-4 win. The game marks the second time this season that the Crusaders have scored three power play goals in a single game.
• Spencer Trapp scored two power play goals in one minute and 24 seconds on Feb. 2. Trapp added an assist in the game to earn Atlantic Hockey Defensive Player of the Week accolades.
• Peter Crinella added four points over the weekend with one goal and three assists. Crinella now ranks fourth on the team in points (6-7-14).
• Anthony Vincent scored the game-winning goal on Feb. 2, marking his first game-winner of his career. The freshman ranks second on the team in points (3-14-17).
• Vincent ranks 26th nationally in points per game among freshmen (0.68).
• Twelve Crusaders recorded at least one point in the series against Army. Four Crusaders tallied multi-point weekends: Crinella, Trapp, Vincent, and Logan Ferguson.
• Johnny Coughlin continues to lead the Crusaders with 18 points on the season from seven goals and 11 assists. The 18 points marks a single-season high for the senior.
• Ferguson returned to the lineup for the first time since Nov. 26, due to an injury. In his second game back, Ferguson posted a two-assist game, tying a career-high.
Defense to Offense
• Four of the Crusaders’ seven goals against Army came from defesemen. Both goals on Feb. 1 were scored by the Crusaders’ defensive core: Coughlin and Logan Milliken.
• Coughlin also leads the team in points (18) and goals (7) while fellow senior defenseman Trapp ranks third in points (15) and second in goals (6).
• In Atlantic Hockey games, Michael Laffin ranks third in game-winning goals with three.
• Vincent ranks third in freshmen scoring with 17 points. With 14 assists, the rookie ranks seventh in the league.
• Coughlin and Trapp rank fifth and seventh, respectively in defensive scoring in the league.
• Trapp and Coughlin are climbing the all-time defensemen points lists at Holy Cross.
• Coughlin ranks second all-time in career goals for Holy Cross defensemen with 17 in his career. Coughlin ranks third on the all-time single-season goals list with seven.
• Trapp ranks fourth all-time among Holy Cross defensemen in career points with 64.
• The Crusaders have seen 19 different goal scorers on the season.
• No one player accounts for more than 10% of the team’s scoring.
• RIT travels to Worcester with a 12-11-3 overall record and 10-7-3 mark in league action. The Tigers sit in fifth place in the league standings.
• Abbott Girduckis leads RIT with 27 points in 26 games played. he has tallied eight goals and 19 assists.
• Erik Brown leads the team in scoring with 12 goals.
• Three Tigers are tied with the second most points on the team (20): Brown, Jake Hamacher, and Gabe Valenzuela.
• Logan Drackett leads in goal with a .912 save percentage and a 2.57 goals against average. Dracket holds a 9-10-3 record on the season.
Last Time against the Tigers
• RIT leads the all-time series, 27-15-7.
• The Crusaders will host Robert Morris for two games on Feb. 15 and Feb. 16. The games will be played at 7:05 and 5:05 p.m. at the Hart Center.