Women's Swimming and Diving Breaks Two Pool Records in Senior Day Win Over Springfield
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s swimming and diving team came out on top in its dual-meet with Springfield, 176-110, Saturday afternoon on Senior Day.
The Crusaders claimed 12 first place victories, one coming in a relay and 11 in individual events. They also broke two pool records in the process.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The first record was broken by Katy Saladin, Caroline Body, Brianna Larnard, and Kayleigh Hoagland in the 400 medley relay with a time of 4:00.61.
- Larnard broke the other as well in the 100 fly with a time of 58.77. She also won the 200 fly in 2:09.94.
- Rose Kelly won the 50 free in 25.67.
- Hoagland won three individual events including the 200 free (1:57.57), 100 free (54.73), and the 500 free (5:21.23).
- Saladin followed up her ckSmithSuperior Crusader of the Week performance last week with another strong showing, winning two individual events including the 100 back (59.71) and the 200 back (2:09.06).
- Casey Sherman won the three meter dive with a score of 261.14 and claimed the one meter with a 250.79.
- Leah Zogby rounded things out with a win in the 1000 free with a 11:02.73.
Holy Cross’ final event before the Patriot League Championship will be next Saturday, Feb. 2 at the Husky Invitational.